Office 365 services
Microsoft Office 365 is a toolkit of the university, creating mutual electronic office tools and a calendar for the use of everyone at the university. Office 365 has a number of services necessary in everyday work, such as e-mail, calendar, instant message and web meeting services as well as information distribution and social media tools.
The students and staff members adopting Office 365 will receive a free-of-charge Office 365 ProPlus package, including the installation rights of the Microsoft Office suite for their own devices. Learn more.
User data contained in the following MS Office 365 applications is processed in the EU:
- e-mail and calendar system (Office 365 cloud)
- Team collaboration application (Teams)
- storage service (OneDrive for Business)
- Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, InfoPath)
User data contained in the following MS Office 365 applications is processed in the EU or outside the EU:
- information sharing and messaging application (Yammer)
- online canvas (Sway)
Service descriptions: http://technet.microsoft.com/fi-fi/library/jj819284.aspx
- A uniform e-mail and calendar system for the entire university, 50 Gb of storage space. In addition, Office 365 is able to store the users' task lists and contacts.
- Microsoft Teams brings meetings, tools and content together. You can create and edit files, communicate via video or instant messages and use the other Office 365 software directly through Teams.
- Teams is a cloud service enabling easy and efficient group work online. What makes Teams different from services such as Jabber and other chat software is that it allows you to divide the Team to different channels.
- Compared to Skype for Business, Teams offers many improvements, such as better call quality and more diverse meeting functions.
- All users can establish a web meeting quickly and easily when needed; you can participate in web meetings using your own device (workstation, phone, tablet).
- Best practices of Teams
OneDrive for Business
- Documents/conversations created in Office 365 service can be easily shared with the desired target groups: 1 Tb of storage space. Gives the opportunity for simultaneous editing of documents.
- Provides Office applications in the cloud: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook.
- Access your files anywhere using any device. You can create and modify files in a browser, including simultaneously with other users.
- "An internal Facebook", provides opportunities for new types of sharing information, participation, finding competences, and sharing knowledge.
- Sway's online canvas allows you to create presentations and add images, text, documents and other content to them.
- With OneNote Online, you can use the browser to create, open, view, edit, format and share OneNote notebooks saved on OneDrive.
- The OneNote Class Notebook application lets a teacher quickly set up a personal workspace for every student, a content library for sharing learning material and a collaboration space for lessons and studying.
- OneNote Staff Notebook Creator allows you to set up a OneNote notebook for your staff members and use it for processing and sharing information in many ways.