Adding Enigmail to Thunderbird
This instruction describes how the Enigmail add-on is installed in Thunderbird in order to enable signing and encrypting messages.
After you have installed GnuPG on your computer, you need to connect it to your e-mail program.
Additional instructions for using Thunderbird can be found on the Helpdesk site.
- Open the Thunderbird Add-on Manager
- in the Tools menu, select Add-ons
- select the Get add-ons tab
- search using the term enigmail.
- Install Enigmail by clicking Install in the search results.
- Restart Thunderbird after the add-on is installed.