Installing Outlook 2013 on a home computer
These instructions tell you how to setup Outlook 2013 on your home computer.
If you are using a centrally maintained computer on the university's network, follow these installation instructions.
- When you start Outlook for the first time, the installation wizard opens, guiding you through the setup process step by step. Select Next to start the installation
- The program asks you if you want to create a new e-mail account. Answer Next.
Next, the program asks you to enter you e-mail account details.
- Type your e-mail address in the format email@example.com in the E-mail Address field.
- Enter the password of your user account in the Password field.
- Click Next.
- Outlook will now automatically find the server settings based on the e-mail address entered. When the account settings are correct, you are requested to log in with your user account. Select Use another account.
- Username in the format firstname.lastname@example.org (1).
- The password of your user account (2)
- Click OK (3)
After this, you might see a security warning. Accept it by selecting Yes.
At the end, you will see a summary of what has been done. At this step, you can add another account (1) or continue to the e-mail by selecting Finish (2).
Before you can access the e-mail, you have to select security settings. Select Install updates only, unless you want to take part in Microsoft's development scheme. Continue by clicking Accept.