Office 365 services
Microsoft Office 365 is a toolkit of the university, creating mutual electronic office tools and a calendar for the use of everyone at the university. Office 365 has a number of services necessary in everyday work, such as e-mail, calendar, instant message and web meeting services as well as information distribution and social media tools.
User data contained in the following MS Office 365 applications is processed in the EU:
- e-mail and calendar system (Office 365 cloud)
- information sharing service (SharePoint Sites) NB! service not available at university
User data contained in the following MS Office 365 applications is processed in the EU or outside the EU:
- instant messaging application (Skype for Business)
- storage service (OneDrive for Business)
- information sharing and messaging application (Yammer)
- Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, InfoPath)
Service descriptions: http://technet.microsoft.com/fi-fi/library/jj819284.aspx
- A uniform e-mail and calendar system for the entire university, 50 Gb of storage space. In addition, Office 365 is able to store the users' task lists and contacts.
Skype for Business
- A real-time instant messaging application also indicating the presence data of users
- All users can establish a web meeting quickly and easily when needed; you can participate in web meetings using your own device (workstation, phone, tablet).
OneDrive for Business
- Documents/conversations created in Office 365 service can be easily shared with the desired target groups: 1 Tb of storage space. Gives the opportunity for simultaneous editing of documents.
SharePoint Sites (NB! service not available at university)
- SharePoint provides the opportunity for sharing information in many ways: workgroup sites, wiki type sites.
- Provides Office applications in the cloud: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Lync, InfoPath.
- Access your files anywhere using any device. You can create and modify files in a browser, including simultaneously with other users.
- "An internal Facebook", provides opportunities for new types of sharing information, participation, finding competences, and sharing knowledge.
- Sway's online canvas allows you to create presentations and add images, text, documents and other content to them.
- With OneNote Online, you can use the browser to create, open, view, edit, format and share OneNote notebooks saved on OneDrive.
- The OneNote Class Notebook application lets a teacher quickly set up a personal workspace for every student, a content library for sharing learning material and a collaboration space for lessons and studying.
- OneNote Staff Notebook Creator allows you to set up a OneNote notebook for your staff members and use it for processing and sharing information in many ways.
- Newsfeed allows you to see what your colleagues are doing during the day and to share your thoughts and observations.