OWA (Outlook Web App): Tasks
A task is any item which has to be followed up until it has been completed. You can use the New task command in the Tasks tab or flag an e-mail to create a task. All tasks created are shown in the Tasks tab.
- To create a task from an e-mail, click the flag icon. When you right-click, a menu opens (shown in the image) for specifying a due date for the task.
- Open the Tasks menu.
- Click the new task text.
- Enter a description of the task in field (1).
- Select a due date for the task (2).
- You can enter information concerning the task in (3).
- (4) opens more fields for information.
- Click SAVE (5) when all the information is correct.
- The task is shown in the task list (1).
- At the top of the list, you can change the view between all tasks, active tasks, overdue ones and finished ones (2).
- To remove a task, first click to activate the task and then click the cross (2). The envelope in the image (1) reminds you that the task has been created from an e-mail. Removing the task in this way also deletes the e-mail related to it.
- OWA warns you that the e-mail will be deleted.
- Removing the flag of the task or specifying the task as finished is a better way to operate. This way, the original e-mail stays in your mail.