University online services
The University offers many services which are usable with a browser. Here are instructions for the most common ones. Please note that all services will not work perfectly on all operating systems and browsers.
Internet Explorer 11
Internet Explorer 11 includes the new opportunity to use the browser in the so-called Enterprise Mode which allows the use of old web applications.
- Software portal (installing new programs on university workstations)
- Software Portal (Mac)
- Software distribution service
- Jabber is the university's instant message network. You can use Jabber to join group discussions (rooms) or send private messages to other Jabber users.
All university employees are users of the SAP HR personnel system. Employees use this system to, for example, apply for annual leave and report absences.
The SAP financial administration system is a tool for the administration, posting and approval of invoices. In the university’s internal network, the service can be found at: www.helsinki.fi/sap
Using SAP Talous in Internet Explorer 11 requires using the Enterprise Mode.
SAP can be used from outside the University network either by using the VPN portal or by installing the HY-VPN software on your computer.
- The top and bottom of the window are hidden when managing invoicess
- Retrieving attachments causes a warning to appear (Internet Explorer)
- Pop-up windows do not open
You can use the VMware client software to contact the university’s virtual server environment (VDI) allowing you to use Oodi, for example.