Eduroam on Android devices
The eduroam installation profile works on Android devices (8.0 and later). Follow the instructions on the website to install.
The screenshots in these instructions were taken with Huawei P10 Lite running Android 8.0.0. Installation details may vary depending on your device and Android version, but the basic steps remain the same.
- Go to: https://cat.eduroam.org/
- Select Click here to download ...
- Click University of Helsinki.
- The website will attempt to identify your device and send you the correct installation package (1). If the automatic identification fails, you can change the installation package by clicking Choose another installer to download (2).
- Follow the device-specific instructions to continue the installation.
- If the eduroam connection does not work, go to the wireless network settings on your device and select eduroam. Note that the settings window is device specific:
- Encryption type: 802.1x.EAP (1)
- EAP Method: PEAP (2)
- Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2 (3)
- In the picture, the CA certificate (4) is the downloaded certificate in this instance. Your certificate may be different.
- Enter your university username in the form email@example.com,( e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) OR email@example.com,( e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) (5)
If you cannot get eduroam to work, please read the eduroam troubleshooting guide.