When you are given a new smartphone to use, almost all of the security settings are disabled (with the exception of the SIM card's PIN code).
Listed below are the things you must remember to do or read when starting to use your smartphone:
- Change the PIN code of the SIM card, if you have not changed it from the default. By default, the pin code is usually either 0000 or 12345.
- Set up a lock code and enable the phone to ask for it. By doing this you will have increased the security level of your phone.
- Phone security settings (only in Finnish)
- Read the instructions on the safe use of smart phones. There are many good points in the instructions, which you might not immediately think of yourself.
- When installing programs you must remember that installing additional software might cause problems when using the phone. Thus, installing programs that are not necessary or deemed safe should be avoided.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?