Pulse secure: Using a VPN connection on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Pulse Secure enables a VPN connection, i.e. the use of the services limited to university computers, outside the university network. To form a connection, you need the Pulse Secure application where the connection address is added.
- Download the PulseSecure application directly with the App Store application of your iOS device or with your computer's iTunes and synchronise it to your device.
- Start Pulse Secure and accept the terms and conditions by tapping Accept at the bottom of the screen.
- Add the connection address by tapping Configuration.
- Fill in the following sections and tap Save.
- Connection name: name of your choice (e.g. hy-vpn)
- Url: https://www.vpn.helsinki.fi/vpnstaff (staff) or https://www.vpn.helsinki.fi/vpnstudent (students)
- Open the VPN connection by tapping Connect.
- Enter your username and password and tap Sign in. The top left corner of your iOS device will read VPN when the connection has been formed.
- Disconnect by returning to Pulse Secure and tapping Disconnect.