The SAP system uses pop-up windows. In the Safari browser, pop-up windows are blocked by default and a notification is displayed about allowing them. In the SAP system user interface, the question flashes quickly on the screen but disappears immediately. In practice, you will notice the problem when invoices and memos do not open.
Allow pop-up windows
Open the Safari program’s Safari menu. You have two options:
- Adjust all pop-up window settings with the browser: Select Preferences
- To adjust the settings of the page you are on now, select Settings for [address]...
1. General pop-up window settings
- In the window that opens, select the Websites (1) tab.
- In the menu that opens, find Pop-up Windows (2).
- You can see the addresses that have pop-up windows blocked (3). In the drop-down menu, you can change the status to
- Block and notify
2. Individual website settings
If you want to adjust the settings of the page you are currently on, select Safari > Preferences... > Settings for [address]... .
Under Pop-up Windows, click Block and Notify and then select Allow in the drop-down menu.
After this, you can continue to use the page.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?