Helpdesk uses the Bomgar remote support software in the fixing of customers' IT problems and installation of software on customer computers.
Accepting a remote connection
- Go to the Bomgar Support Portal at https://support.helsinki.fi/
- Enter the numerical code received from the helpdesk to the Session Key field and then choose Submit
- Click Yes to accept the remote connection
- Enter your name in the Chat window
- Click Accept to accept the use of the Chat window
- This opens a window offering the download of the file needed for the Bomgar remote access program. Click Save file.
- If the above mentioned window does not open automatically, click the click here link on the page
- Find a suitable location for the file and click Save
- Open the folder in which you saved the file and double-click the file to open it. Click Run to accept the starting of the program.
- The Chat window shows a request to accept the remote connection. You can ask the helpdesk for information on choosing the right option by, for example, typing your question in the Chat window.
- Allow full access to your computer – you grant the helpdesk full access to use your computer
- Allow only viewing – you allow the helpdesk to see the contents of your computer
- Refuse request – you don't allow the remote connection
- Once you have accepted the remote connection, the helpdesk employee is able to use your computer, install software on it or resolve problems.
- You will be notified when the helpdesk terminates the remote connection.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?