Remote support service Bomgar (Internet Explorer)
Helpdesk uses the Bomgar remote support software in the fixing of customers' IT problems and installation of software on customer computers.
- Go to the Bomgar Support Portal at https://support.helsinki.fi/
- Enter the numerical code received from the helpdesk to the Session Key field and then choose Submit
- Click Yes to accept the remote connection
- Enter your name in the Chat window
- Click Accept to accept the use of the Chat window
- After you have accepted, a notification appears at the top of the browser concerning the file to be downloaded
- Click the notification and choose Download File...
- Click Run to accept the downloading of the file
- Click Run to accept the starting of the program.
- The Chat window shows a request to accept the remote connection. You can ask the helpdesk for information on choosing the right option by, for example, typing your question in the Chat window.
- Allow full access to your computer – you grant the helpdesk full access to use your computer
- Allow only viewing – you allow the helpdesk to see the contents of your computer
- Refuse request – you don't allow the remote connection
- Once you have accepted the remote connection, the helpdesk employee is able to use your computer, install software on it or resolve problems.
- You will be notified when the helpdesk terminates the remote connection.