Installation of HY-VPN and use with Ubuntu
The instructions have been written for Ubuntu version 18.04.
- Open the terminal window in the menu Applications > Accessories > Terminal
- Type the commands
sudo apt update
sudo apt install openvpn openvpn-systemd-resolved
you will have to enter your password to run the commands
- Locate the compressed file openvpn.conf in the Download Centre (available under Programs > HY-VPN > Linux) and save the file on the local drive of the workstation.
Go to the directory where you found the compressed file. Move the file to the openvpn folder and change its permissions to root (in this example, the file has been retrieved from the Download Centre to the Downloads folder):
sudo cp /home/$USER/Downloads/openvpn.conf /etc/openvpn/
sudo chown root:root /etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf
- Launch the OpenVPN software by typing the command:: sudo systemctl start email@example.com
- After using the software, stop it with the command: sudo systemctl stop firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can check the status of the software with the command: sudo systemctl status email@example.com