Installation and use of eduroam network on Macs
We recommend that you update your computer to the newest macOS version.
These instructions are for home computers.
Use your Safari browser to go to cat.eduroam.org
- In the opening home organisation list, click Helsingin yliopisto (University of Helsinki). If you cannot see it, write Helsingin in the search field
- In the operating system list, click on the operating system of your computer (you can see the operating system version by clicking on the apple menu and selecting About this Mac). If the browser asks the procedure for the file, select Save. If the browser opens the file as a mass of text, go back and download the file by clicking it while pressing the alt key.
- If necessary, open the downloaded eduroam profile file in the Downloads folder. If nothing happens, click on the file while pressing the control key and select Open with -> System Preferences.
- Next, click Continue. System Preferences will ask for a verification to install the university's certificate. Click Continue again.
- Write your user name in the fields of the window in the format firstname.lastname@example.org, as well as your password.
- Finally, select Install and, when asked, enter the user name and password of the Mac administrator account.
Finally, select eduroam from the list of wireless networks in the menu row. If everything was completed correctly, the connection should now work! After this, the eduroam network will always connect automatically.
After changing your password you must also update your eduroam password. Follow these instructions:
1. Open Keychain Access e.g. by searching via Spotlight Search in the upper left hand corner:
2. Keychain Access will open. Write eduroam in the search field in the topmost corner. Open eduroam settings by double-clicking the row.
3. The password is located at the bottom of the window. You can edit the password by clicking Show password.
4. The system will ask for your password. Enter your password and click Allow.
5. After this you can enter you password. Finally, click Save Changes.
Eduroam will work again once you have updated your password.