Using the VPN connection on Pulse Secure with your own Mac
Forming an encrypted connection
Install the Pulse Secure connection software from the Download Centre.
- After installation, start Pulse Secure in the Applications folder.
- Add the connection address by clicking the plusbutton. In the Name field, type HY-VPN, for example, and in the Address field, type https://www.vpn.helsinki.fi/vpnstaff (staff) or https://www.vpn.helsinki.fi/vpnstudent (students).
- In the future, you can open the connection by clicking the Pulse Secure icon to the left of the clock on the menu bar and choosing HY-VPN -> Connect. If the icon is not shown, start Pulse Secure in the Applications folder.
- Pulse Secure asks for the university username and password. Click Connect.
- To disconnect, use the Pulse Secure icon on the menu bar and click VPN -> Disconnect.