Connecting to HUPnet (Mac)
All new, and most relatively new Macintosh computers have a built-in wireless network adapter, AirPort Extreme. If your device does not have an AirPort adapter, you will have to purchase one and install it into an extension slot on the computer.
Install the university's certificate into Firefox or into your Keychain if you are using Safari or Firefox.
- When you are in the network's coverage zone, Mac OS X will give an announcement of an open network.
- You can also choose the Univ Helsinki HUPnet directly from the AirPort menu.
- Open your browser, and the HUPnet network login page will open.
- Type in your main user login and its password.
- The connection will be open for as long as your computer is connected to the HUPnet network.