Printing in the University
- Choose a printer with a name containing the word "Smartcard".
- On the first time: Register the smartcard to the printer and log in with the university user account and password
In future: Identify yourself on the multi-function printer with the smartcard
- Select "Secure Print“ on the printer’s display
- Select the work to be printed and press "Print+Delete"
- After printing, press "Logout"
Staff printing is paid by the institution or faculty.
Printing is handled in the same way as it is for faculty and staff. All printing is subject to fees. Printing balance required for printing or copying can be purchased online: https://unigrafia.fi/en/services/print-and-copy-services/print-quota-shop/.
For more information on printing, please refer to the Digital skills for Students course materials.
Printing can usually be done through the Smartcard printing queue on the university workstations. You can print on any public printer on any campus. Printing on Smartcard devices is always subject to a charge. If you are a member of staff, your department will cover the costs. For more information on student printing see below. Unigrafia Oy provides the printing service to the university.
If you are printing from a university workstation, usually it suffices to begin by registering a compatible smartcard for your use with a printer covered by the system the first time. In some cases, however, it may be necessary to install Unigrafia printers only available to your own department on the workstation. Instructions for different situations below:
Printing and scanning
- Printing on a Canon multi-function printer
- Scanning to e-mail
- Internal instructions for a Canon multi-function printer
The printing balance purchased from Unigrafia is always shown on the printers in euro. If you wish to know how many pages you can print with your balance, divide your printing balance by the price of a page in euro.
You can purchase printing balance online: https://unigrafia.fi/en/services/print-and-copy-services/print-quota-shop/
Identification on a device
A smartcard is used to identify oneself on the Smartcard printers (e.g. HSL travel card, a new type of UH ID card or the newest student cards). You can also order a specifically designed printing card from Unigrafia webshop.
The first time, the card is registered with one’s username and password. After that, simply showing the card to the device suffices for identification.
All student printing is subject to a charge. Please see more information about student printing from Flamma.
All Unigrafia Canon multi-function printers can be used by students. They provide prints in colour, copies and scans. The printers can also be used to print materials not related to studies. Printing and copying is subject to a charge. See the general printing instructions above.
Student printing in a nutshell
* Printing is done with the Smartcard printing queue
* Printing or copying on other multi-function printers is always subject to a charge.
* Printing balance required for printing or copying can be purchased online: https://unigrafia.fi/en/services/print-and-copy-services/print-quota-shop/
It is possible to print from the wireless eduroam network on the university’s computers that are centrally administered and on which the smartcard printing queues have already been installed. If the printers have to be separately searched for, it may cause a lag of several minutes.