The Unitube video service will be out of use 3–7 July 2023. The service break concerns the entire service, including Unitube recording, streaming in Unitube lecture rooms and studios, and the Unitube Uploader and Unitube Viewer services on the Helsinki.fi website.
The service break is due to a mandatory version update of the Unitube backend system Opencast. The update allows us to further develop the University’s Unitube services.
During the Unitube service break you can use Zoom on your computer in the University’s Unitube lecture rooms. If you want to watch Unitube videos during the service break, you can temporarily move your recordings from Unitube Uploader to another service, such as Vimeo or YouTube, before the break.
During the service break from 3 to 7 July 2023:
- The Unitube Uploader (lataamo.helsinki.fi) will be unavailable.
- The Unitube Viewer (www.helsinki.fi/unitube) will be unavailable.
- Unitube recording and streaming in Unitube lecture rooms and studios will be unavailable.
- The Unitube videos in Moodle will be unavailable.
If you need support, please contact IT Helpdesk:
- By chat (weekdays 9–15, chatbot 24/7): https://helpdesk.it.helsinki.fi/en
- Tel.: +358 (0)29 41 55555 (weekdays 9–15, local network charge/mobile call charge)
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the service break! By keeping University systems updated, we maintain e.g. information security at the University.