Why should you start using Office 365?
- You will get
- All Office programs for free for all your devices (max. 10 pcs.)
- 1 TB free storage space in OneDrive (cloud storage, similar to Dropbox)
- A calendar which also works on mobile devices
- Office applications which work in the browser (similar to Google Docs)
- Skype for Business for chats and video conferences, plus lots of other applications
Is it difficult to activate?
- The system will be ready to use within 24 hours
See Detailed help tab for more questions
Where is "the new webmail"?
- https://office365.helsinki.fi/ (the link can also be found in Flamma and on the My Studies page)
- If you cannot log in, use the firstname.lastname@example.org format of your username
- The password is the same as in other university services
- On mobile devices, use a mail application (see below for more information)
How can I download the Office programs to my home computer?
- See this instructions site for illustrated instructions
- If you have problems with the installation: please note that Office365 ProPlus support is provided by Microsoft, not by the University of Helsinki
Is this available for iPad/mobile phone?
- Yes. You can search instructions from Helpdesk´s search, use keywords like iOS, Android
- If a "for business" version of the app (such as OneDrive) is available, install that version
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?