The new Monterey operating system upgrade is now available for centrally managed university Mac computers. The upgrade is available in the university’s Managed Software Center service. We recommend upgrading your university Mac computer as soon as possible.
The Monterey upgrade contains, for example, an important information security patch which addresses the Microsoft PrintNightmare vulnerability. Please note: printing on university MacOS systems older than Big Sur 11 will cease on Wednesday 13 April 2022 due to a university printing service security patch.
- If you have an M1 or newer Mac computer with an Apple Silicon processor (see Apple’s website for Apple Silicon Models), you can upgrade your Mac computer to the new Monterey operating system as follows:
- Select Apple Menu -> System Preferences -> Software Update
- If you have an older Mac computer with an Intel processor, you can upgrade your Mac computer through the University Managed Software Center.
- The upgrade takes between one to two hours to install. We recommend upgrading at the end of your working day.
- On older MacOS systems you can:
If you need assistance, please contact IT Helpdesk:
- Chat (weekdays 9–15, chatbot 24/7): helsinki.fi/helpdesk
- Call: 029 41 55555 (weekdays 9–15, local network charge / mobile call charge)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
By keeping university information systems and services constantly updated we maintain e.g. the university’s information security.