These instructions apply to computers which are administered by the University of Helsinki. Instructions for personal computers are available here
- Start Outlook (Start > All Programs > Microsoft Outlook 2013). When Outlook starts for the first time, a wizard application helps you to create a new e-mail account. Click Next.
- When Outlook 2010/2013 starts for the first time, the program asks you if you wish to add an email account.
- Click Next.
- The application automatically identifies all relevant information from the UH account you are logged on with.
- Outlook automatically finds the server settings based on the e-mail address entered
- Sign up for Office 365 service. The computer suggests firstname.lastname@example.org as the default user name. Change it to email@example.com (in the picture below: replace "tunnus" with your own username).
- Fill in your password and click OK.
- You can opt to choose Remember my credentials. If you don't, you need to enter your password each time you log in.
- If the mailbox exists and the correct password has been entered, the account is created successfully.
- Click Finish.
Outlook starts and you should now be able to access your email. The server is still finishing its work in the background, and it may take a while before your email is fully loaded.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?