The university's Office 365 mail can also be used with different e-mail programs, which often significantly improves e-mail use comfort and enhances usage.
The recommended application for using the Office 365 service is Outlook.
- Confidential e-mail at the University of Helsinki
The University of Helsinki utilises the Deltagon Sec@GW software to protect the confidentiality of e-mails. Using the software does not require any software to be installed on the sender's or the recipient's workstation.
- S/MIME ecryption
These instructions cover the more flexible option for those processing larger amounts of confidential data. This option should be implemented by the recommendation of e.g. your supervisor or Helpdesk.
- Reading Office 365 e-mail in Thunderbird
- Instructions (Sending e-mail, deleting messages, managing junk mail)
- Toolbars (Menu bar, use of the search field)
- Deleting a saved password from the settings
- Automatic signature
- E-mail archiving