After starting to use the Office 365 e-mail service, all e-mails to Firstname.Lastname@helsinki.fi will be directed to the Office 365 server. If you want to read your e-mails on another system, you can direct your e-mails elsewhere according to these instructions.
Note! Forwarding or redirecting official mail, i.e. e-mails related to work duties, to an address outside the university is always prohibited based on the university’s e-mail processing rules.
Microsoft provides the Office 365 service and upgrades it with its own schedule. The functionalities and layout of the service may change without advance notification. Thus, the instructions might differ slightly from the view of the user. If the differences are substantial, please use the link at the bottom of each page to report them on the feedback form.
- Log in to your e-mail at https://www.helsinki.fi/office365
- Open the cogwheel icon > View all Outlook settings.
- Open Email > Forwarding (1).
- Tick the box Enable forwarding (2).
- In the field (3), type the address where you wish your e-mail to be forwarded.
- If you wish to keep copies of the messages in OWA, tick the box Keep a copy of forwarded messages (4).
- Click on Save (5).
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?