Creating a mail account on a University computer, Outlook 2010/2013
These instructions apply to computers which are administered by the University of Helsinki. Instructions for personal computers are available here >>
- Start Outlook (Start > All Programs > Microsoft Outlook 2010/2013). When Outlook starts for the first time, a wizard application helps you to create a new e-mail account. Click Next.
- When Outlook 2010/2013 starts for the first time, the program asks you if you wish to add an email account.
- Click Next.
- The application automatically identifies all relevant information from the UH account you are logged on with.
- Outlook automatically finds the server settings based on the e-mail address entered
- Sign up for Office 365 service. The computer suggests firstname.lastname@example.org as the default user name. Change it to email@example.com (in the picture below: replace "tunnus" with your own username).
- Fill in your password and click OK.
- You can opt to choose Remember my creditentials. If you don't, you need to enter your password each time you log in.
- If the mailbox exists and the correct password has been entered, the account is created successfully.
- Click Finish.
Outlook starts and you should now be able to access your email. The server is still finishing its work in the background, and it may take a while before your email is fully loaded.
You can now proceed to read the instructions for using Outlook 2013>>
You can also add more e-mail accounts to Outlook. See here for instructions.