The University of Helsinki IT Security Test will be deployed to all staff starting on 1 July 2021. Our information security has been tested heavily in recent years and the university’s management is reacting to the situation. All staff members with an active employment contract with the University of Helsinki will take the test annually. The IT Security Test allows you to maintain your information security knowledge and pay attention to ways of working that are correct from the information security perspective. The IT Security Test will also be deployed to students during 2022.
What is the University of Helsinki IT Security Test?
- In the future, all university staff members with an active employment contract with the University of Helsinki will take an information security test annually.
- The test offers an easy and quick way to maintain your information security knowledge and protect the university from information security threats. The test will only take about 15 minutes of your time.
- The times for taking the test are staggered throughout the academic year and are assigned based on your username. The first test days for this academic year are in the beginning of September 2021 and the last ones in May 2022.
- You will receive an e-mail informing when you will take the test. You will receive the first e-mail two months before you are to take the test.
- For more information about the test see the Instructions for taking the IT Security Test on Flamma.
- If you do not take the IT Security Test by the assigned date, your user account will be locked. If your user account is locked and you have not taken the University of Helsinki IT Security Test, please contact Helpdesk.
The test was previously successfully piloted in University services. Based on the provided feedback, the technical systems used in the test were developed further during spring 2021. In addition, the content of the test was expanded with an entirely new theme focused on taking information security into account when working remotely. Another important theme is identifying scam messages and websites.