Teams and Planner
Microsoft Teams is a versatile and editable hub for teamwork. It provides both bilateral instant messaging and video call features between two parties as well as permanent discussion channels for different groups. With Planner, you can compile a work plan, gather a team, define tasks and keep track of progress.
You can use Teams either with a browser or with a client software to be installed in the workstation. The easiest way to use the software is with the desktop application available for centrally administered Windows computers from the Software Portal. For iPhones and Android phones, Teams can be found in the application store.
Teams and Planner are part of the Office 365 services. You can find all the services here.
Go to https://www.helsinki.fi/office365. Start Teams in the OWA waffle:
How to obtain Teams:
- Centrally administered Windows computer
- Home computers
- The students and staff members adopting Office 365 will receive a free-of-charge Office 365 ProPlus package, including the installation rights of the Teams software for their own devices.
- Installation instructions for home computers
When creating a new Team, use the abbreviation of your department with a hyphen in order to avoid misunderstandings (e.g. YPA-, TIKE-, MMTDK-). Administration may rename or remove incorrectly or inappropriately named Teams.
How to get started:
- Microsoft guide in Finnish
- Microsoft guide in English
- Interactive Teams demo in English
- Microsoft Quick Start Guide (pdf)
With Microsoft Planner, you can compile a work plan, gather a team, define tasks and keep track of progress. Microsoft Planner can be used by most people with the Office 365 subscription of their place of work or educational institution.
Tip: gather a Team with Microsoft Teams and add Planner as a tab in Teams.
How to get started:
There is the option of adding members outside the university (Office 365 and Windows Live users) to the Teams and Planner groups.