Recycling and removal of devices in the University of Helsinki
When a unit stops using an old computer or replaces it with a new one, the following must be taken into account:
- All data must be deleted from all computers before the computers are recycled. The University of Helsinki IT Center always carries out the deletion. Old devices cannot be sold or donated. All devices are delivered to the cooperation partner responsible for recycling.
- Order data deletion from firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter “Data deletion of an old computer” as the subject. In the message body, give details of the computer’s name, location and desired schedule.
- Additional information on scrapping of computers.
- IT Center answers for the recycling of IT equipment. Usually old computers are retrieved from offices in connection of installing the new computer. If there is IT equipment in your unit that should be removed, please contact Helpdesk.
- Ink cartridges are recycled by Unigrafia.