To perform the virus scan, follow these steps:
- Select Scan > Full computer scan.
- Depending on the speed of your computer and the number of files, it can take a considerable amount of time.
- At the end of the scan, F-Secure will show a report.
- If you found malwares on your computer, contact Helpdesk immediately.
Full computer scan
To check all files on your computer, use the F-Secure antivirus program as follows:
- Open the F-Secure from taskbar. Select Malware scan (scans for malicious software) or Full computer scan (scans all files and programs). The latter is slower, but it scans the computer fully, including the external hard drives. More information in F-Secure's own instructions.
Please note that on centrally administered computers, some settings are also administered. You cannot change all settings by yourself.
- F-Secure shows the progress of the scan.
- F-Secure will notify you when the scan is complete. If you found malwares on your computer, contact Helpdesk immediately.
Scanning a single folder or file
- You can also scan a single folder or file for viruses. Right-click the folder and select Malware scan.
F-Secure’s own instructions
- F-Secure Help opens by clicking F-Secure > More options (three dots in the F-Secure window) > Help.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?