Unitube Uploader is available at https://lataamo.it.helsinki.fi/
Unitube is a recording service for all university students and employees, providing a platform for uploading, watching and saving recordings, publishing them in different environments and managing the publishing rights of your own recordings. You can watch the recordings in Unitube Viewer and upload new content to the service in Unitube Uploader. In addition, different campuses have Unitube studios and Unitube lecture rooms that can be booked separately, allowing you to use card-based authentication to record directly into Unitube. Further information about Unitube studios and Unitube lecture rooms can be found in the Unitube instructions.
Consider information security when you save and share recordings in Unitube. It is subject to the same rules and guidelines as other tools, such as your e-mail.
Read more on information security in Flamma.
Log into the Uploader at https://lataamo.it.helsinki.fi/
- All recordings that you upload to the Unitube Uploader are first shown in your personal Inbox folder. Likewise, any recordings made in Unitube lecture rooms and Unitube studios are first only shown in your Inbox. Use the other tabs to view your own series, recordings and deleted recordings (1). Click Add new recording (2) to add recordings. The Inbox has a search functionality (3). A list of recordings in the Inbox is shown below it (4).
The service supports the most common video file formats, such as .avi, .mov and .mp4.
- You can upload new recordings to the Uploader on the INBOX and MY RECORDINGS tabs (1). Click Add new recording (2).
- Click Browse and find the file you want to upload (1). Click Upload (2). The recording is moved to your personal Inbox. Click the question mark (3) to see the Uploader’s own instructions.
- Please wait. The upload progress bar shows the progress of the upload.
- You receive a notification when the recording has been uploaded.
- The recording shows in the INBOX tab with status Videota käsitellään (Processing the recording).When the recording is complete, the status changes to Käsittely onnistui (The recording has been processed successfully).
- You can copy a recording from the Uploader on your computer using the download link (2) on INBOX, MY RECORDINGS or DELETED RECORDINGS tab (1).
- Open the MY RECORDINGS tab (1).
- Click the recording to delete (2). This opens the details of the recording.
- At the bottom of the window, click Delete recording (3).
- The recording is moved to the DELETED RECORDINGS tab. You can still restore the recording from the Deleted recordings tab to a series or download it on your computer.
When you delete a recording, it is moved to the DELETED RECORDINGS tab. Deleted recordings are removed from Unitube completely after a specific period of time unless they have been recovered. You can recover recordings as long as they can be found in Deleted recordings
- You can use the search functionality (1) to search for your recordings.The Restore recording column (2) allows you to restore the recording and the Download recording column (3) moves the recording to your computer for storage.
- From the drop-down menu, select the series that you want to move the recording to.
- Click Recover recording.
- Use the MY SERIES tab to control the properties of series.
Moving a file to a series
Before you can publish a recording, it must be added to a series.
- You can move recordings between series using the INBOX and MY RECORDINGS tabs (1). Click the recording to move (2). This opens the details of the recording. Choose the series to which you want to move the recording from the menus, enter a description of the recording and select a publishing licence (3). Click Save (4) when you have filled in all the necessary information.
- Updating the information may take a while. You receive a notification when the recording has been moved to a new series.
Administration of permissions to series
- In the MY SERIES tab, open the series whose permissions you want to modify. Find the item Series administrator rights.
- Type at least four characters in the search field to begin the search. You can search for individuals in field (1) and for groups in field (2).
- To remove administrator rights, click the cross at the top right corner of the icon (3).
Series publication status
- You can publish a series in Unitube Viewer or add the series to a Moodle course.
- For Moodle instructions, see the Educational Technology Services pages.
- Instructions on how to link Unitube recordings to Moodle.
Each series has a unique identifier.
- In the MY SERIES tab, open Series basic information. Click the icon next to the ID.
- The ID is copied to clipboard. A confirmation of this is shown at the bottom of the page.
Recording ID and embed code
Just like series, also recording have a unique identifier. They also have an embed code.
- In the MY RECORDINGS tab, find the item Basic information of recording.
- Click the icon next to it to copy the ID (1) or the embed code (2) to clipboard. Note that the embed code only works if you have published the recording in Unitube Viewer or attached it to a Moodle course.
- You will receive a confirmation that the copying succeeded.
If you encounter problems with the Unitube Uploader or have any questions, you can send a message to the service e-mail, email@example.com