Some of the IT facilities are available outside the normal opening hours of properties. University of Helsinki students registered for attendance may apply for the magnetic key allowing the use of such facilities from the Unicafe Kaivopiha, during its opening hours. Please avoid the rush hours.
NB January 2021: You can exceptionally return keys now only to Unicafe Kaivopiha.
A night access key will not be granted for Open university students or to students of other universities.
Postgraduate students may be granted a key. However, the students must be able to prove their attendance, which is why they must present their student card (or staff ID card if they are employees).
In unclear cases, please consult the Helpdesk.
List of night use facilities and regulations
Returning the key
If you have a valid username at the university:
1) Fill in this electronic form (requires logging in with a university username).
2) Wait for the return message. The message is sent to your firstname.lastname@example.org address.
3) Return the key and show the message in Unicafe Kaivopiha.
If you don’t have a valid username at the university:
Problems with the key?
Check the following:
- Check that you are at the right door. Only certain doors of the buildings are available for night access.
- Check that you are using the correct reader. There may be several readers at the entrance, only some of which are intended for reading night access keys.
- The validity of the key may have expired. Check with Helpdesk.
- The key may be broken. Check with Helpdesk first. If needed, Unicafe Kaivopiha staff will replace the key.
If you lose the keycard
If the student loses his/her keycard, he/she must immediately notify Helpdesk (tel. 09 191 55555) so that the keycard can be closed. The student is responsible for everything done with the key until the user account service is notified. If the student has lost the keycard he/she will also lose the deposit. To get a new keycard he/she have to pay it again.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?