These instructions apply to the Windows computers covered by the university’s centralised administration.
For a Mac in the centralised administration, users can install software themselves from the Managed Software Center (instructions here).
A bug was detected in the product. If you open the application in a full window view, the scroll bar on the right cannot be seen. This leaves only around 60 applications visible even if there are many more applications on offer. The solution to this is to open the list view when you can see the scroll bar or decrease the size of the window so that you can see the scroll bar. When you scroll down, the application list is updated and you can see more applications.
To launch Software Center on your computer:
- Click the magnifying glass icon. Write software in the search field (1).
- The search results will be displayed (2).
- Click Software Center (3).
- The Software Center will launch. The image shows the Applications tab selected.
- Click the application’s icon..
- You will see the details of the selected application.
- Section (1) shows a short description of the application.
- Section (2) shows, among other things, the estimated installation time and information on whether you will need to restart your computer.
- You can install the application by clicking Install (3).
- The installation will begin.
- The installation is complete. Some applications can be uninstalled by clicking Uninstall.
- New applications are shown highlighted for a few days.
- Later on, you can visit the Installation status tab (1) to view the applications that have been installed through Software Center. The Status field (2) shows if the installation has succeeded.
- The settings under the Options have little practical significance to the end user. However, you can click Sync Policy to check if your computer has any new installations. The function is slow!