Umpio storage space
The Umpio storage space is a secure network folder for sensitive data. It can only be used with a virtual computer using two-factor authentication.
Storage space orders are run by solution consultants as the needs must be processed case-specifically.
- Place your order through Helpdesk.
- Access to the Umpio storage space is based on IAM group management as in the use of other group directories. Use this tool to check that the IAM group limiting the users of the folder exists or, if necessary, create a new group.
- Report the IAM group you are using to the processor of the support request.
The service uses two-factor authentication that requires a username and a password as well as a RSA SecurID Software Token authenticated with a mobile device. The steps described in this chapter are only required when implementing the service for the first time.
- Install the required RSA SecurID Software Token application on your device.
- Mac / iPhone: download the installation package from App Store
- Android: download the installation package from Google Play
- Log in to the RSA Console using your UH username and password at https://2fa.it.helsinki.fi
If the Console asks for your Authentication method, select Password and use your UH password.
- Click Request a new token and, when prompted, select the operating system you are using for the RSA SecurID Software Token software mentioned in step 1.
The Console will also ask you to set a PIN code for the token. Creating a token requires action from the administration, which means you will need to wait for a response from administration after this step.
- Once you receive the e-mail notification New or additional Software Token request is approved, log in to the RSA Console again at https://2fa.it.helsinki.fi. Remember to check your junk mail folder!
- Select Activate Your Token and you will see the QR code required for logging in.
- Open the RSA SecurID Software Token application. Add a new token using the + icon and select the scanning of the QR code. Point the camera of your mobile device towards the QR code displayed by the RSA Console.
After scanning the QR code, your Securedesk desktop will display the 8-digit code required for logging in.
- On your computer, open the VMWare Horizon Client application or the virtual environment in your web browser at securedesk.it.helsinki.fi. If you are using the VMWare Horizon Client application on a UH computer, add securedesk.it.helsinki.fi by clicking on the + New Server option to include it in the list of optional VDI servers when using it for the first time.
- Open the RSA SecurID Software Token application on your mobile device and enter the PIN code you previously set for the software. Log in to the securedesk.it.helsinki.fi server using this PIN code and your UH username and password.
- After accessing Securedesk, check the folder share settings between your computer and the virtual workstation if you plan to transfer or copy files: select Sharing behind the cog icon in the top right-hand-side corner (or, alternatively, select the preferences -> sharing tab from the top menu) and use the Add option to add the folders you wish to share from the local drive. Remember to tick Share your local files and Allow access to removable storage.
- If you have a Windows workstation, select Sharing behind the cog icon in the top right corner and click the Add button to add the folders you want to share from a local drive. Also tick Share your local files and Allow access to removable storage.
- If you have a Mac workstation, select VMWare Horizon Client -> Preferences -> Sharing tab from the upper menu and click the Add button to add the folders you want to share from a local drive. Also tick Share your local files and Allow access to removable storage.
- In the list of virtual computers, select secure desktop. Once it opens, you should see the Umpio group directory in file management as a drive connected to the letter U and the folders shared from your computer as a Z drive. Use the Connect USB Device option in the top bar to connect and use USB devices.