iPad and iPhone: Wireless connections
The university has two wireless networks: the closed eduroam network and the open HUPnet. eduroam offers better information security and ease of use especially for those using the Internet.
An eduroam profile is available for installation in iOS devices. When the profile has been installed, eduroam is always available automatically. The profile is an XML file that can contain different settings. Multiple profiles can be set up on iOS.
- Launch Safari on your iPad or iPhone (you can use a mobile data connection or HUPnet at the university): To sign in to HUPnet, tap Settings -> Wi-Fi to select the network and then enter the university user account and password in the login page.
- Go to cat.eduroam.org. Tap eduroam user: download your eduroam installer.
- In the opening list, select University of Helsinki as the home organisation. Visitors from other universities can select their own home organisation if it is listed as a part of the eduroam network.
- Tap Apple iOS mobile devices.
- The profile installation window opens. Tap Install, then tap Install again in the root certificate confirmation window. Enter the device passcode if enabled.
The eduroam setting profile works in iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- Enter your username in the format email@example.com, and tap Next. Enter your password for the university username and tap Next. A summary is shown on the profile installation, tap Done.
eduroam uses the university username and the @helsinki.fi extension. The password is the same as in other university services, such as Flamma.
- Tap Settings -> Wi-Fi and tap eduroam from the network list. The connection is formed, and eduroam is automatically used from now on.
I cannot log in after changing the university password.
1) Remove the eduroam profile from your device. Choose Settings > General > Profiles. Tap the profile and choose Remove profile. Enter the access code of the device.
2) Reinstall eduroam according to the above instructions.