Purchasing a new computer
Instructions for purchasing new computer.
When a new computer purchase is needed, contact first university on-site services of your unit/facility. Please include the following information:
- Information about computer (desired model and possible options, such as carrying sleeve, dock, etc.)
- Who confirms the order (approval from the person supervising purchases in your unit)
- Your department code (such as H900)
- WBS code (e.g. H900 / 900125), account information, this will speed up processing the invoice
- User (end user) information: name, email, building/room number and phone number
- ID of current computer (can be found on top of university menu), if applicable, this will clarify the process if ordered computer is replacing an old one
More information about purchases
NB! When you log in for the first time, make sure your network cable is plugged in. Wireless network DOES NOT work when logging in for the first time.
- Always use the secure VPN connection in networks outside the university. This keeps the software and information security updated.
- The automatic installation of Smartcard printers may take a few business days.
User is responsible transfering files from old computer.
Please contact Helpdesk for pickup of old devices. Read more about recycling of old devices.