For more information on eduroam and the university’s wireless networks, see these Helpdesk instructions.
- If you are using your personal computer, install the eduroam certificate with these instructions
- On a university laptop with Windows, execute the “Eduroam settings FIX” from the Software Center. Eduroam settings FIX will delete and reinstall the eduroam profile.
- Make sure that the computer is connected to the internet via wired network
- Find the Eduroam settings FIX software (1). Click on the icon (2).
- Click Uninstall.
- Wait until the text has changed and click Install.
- Reconnect the computer to eduroam by following these instructions.
Instructions for accessing the eduroam network
If you can’t log in, check that
- you have entered the correct user account (email@example.com, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org OR email@example.com, for example, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- there are no extra spaces in the account name (especially with mobile devices, extra characters may easily slip in)
- you have installed your profile through cat.eduroam.org (installation instructions from Helpdesk)
Eduroam does not work in Windows 10 after a password change
Eduroam does not work on Mac or Linux after a password change
Eduroam does not work on iOS device after a password change
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?