Due to an overhaul of the wireless roaming networks, access to HUPnet is restricted to HUPnet accounts from 1 February 2019. Staff and students can still use the secure eduroam network. See this Flamma bulletin for more information.
For more information on eduroam and the university’s wireless networks, see this Helpdesk document.
If eduroam does not work, follow these instructions (WINDOWS 10):
- If you are using your personal computer, install the eduroam certificate with these instructions
- If you have university laptop computer, install “Eduroam Settings FIX” from Software Center
- Make sure that the computer is connected to the internet via landline network
- Search for the Eduroam settings FIX application,
- Click Uninstall.
- Wait until the text has changed and click Install.
Can’t access the wireless networks anymore?
As part of the overhaul of wireless network roaming, HUPnet will gradually be replaced with a new roaming network during 2019.
From 1 February 2019, access to HUPnet will be allowed only for HUPnet accounts.
Log in to the eduroam network with your own credentials!
Instructions for accessing the eduroam network
If you can’t log in, check that
- you have entered the correct user account (firstname.lastname@example.org, for example, email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org, for example, email@example.com)
- there are no extra spaces in the account name (especially with mobile devices, extra characters may easily slip in)
- you have installed your profile through cat.eduroam.org (installation instructions from Helpdesk)