With the ID Point identification service, those in the university can easily and securely use Helpdesk services requiring personal identification by telephone. First, visit an ID Point and then, call Helpdesk.
You can find ID Point on all campuses and several remote desks. Identify yourself at the nearest ID Point service desk. After this, you can use the services requiring identification, such as with the IT Center Helpdesk in matters concerning usernames.
How do I use the ID Point service?
In most issues concerning usernames, Helpdesk must first be able to reliably identify the caller. The matter can be solved with the ID Point service in the following manner:
- Go to the nearest ID Point service desk.
- Present your identity document to the ID Point clerk.
- You will receive a single-use number sequence which is valid for 24 hours.
- When calling Helpdesk (02 941 55555), present your case and, when asked, repeat the number sequence given to you.
- After this, you can continue using Helpdesk as if you had just shown them your identity document.
The ID Point service desk is not part of the IT Center and only deals with personal identification. A person using the desk is identified with a valid passport, Schengen area identification card or a Finnish or EU driving licence. After identification, you will receive an ID Point code which is single-use and valid for 24 hours. An expired or used code will not be accepted for identification; instead, you will have to visit the ID Point service desk again.
See more detailed Schengen area information from Finnish Customs information services
Where can the ID Point code be used?
IT Helpdesk offers telephone services in exchange for an ID Point code in the following issues:
- Changing a forgotten password
- Activating a new username
- Only applies to a username applied with a form through a contact person in IT matters and for the deployment of which you have been given e-mail instructions from Helpdesk.
ID Point identification points are open according to their own opening hours.
- An ID Point service desk operates in connection with the customer service desk of each library unit.
- Please note that the ID Point is only available during library customer service times.
Also note the validity period of the ID Point identification code you have received. Therefore, also check the Helpdesk opening hours.
ID Points in the metropolitan area
Main Library Kaisa House
Fabianinkatu 30, main lobby (third floor), the ID Point in the library.
This ID Point serves both staff and students.
Student Services at Kaisa House
Fabianinkatu 30, main lobby (third floor), student services information desk
This information desk serves all students at the University of Helsinki.
Unlike other information desks, the student services information desk in Kaisa House includes an ID Point.
Kumpula Campus Library
Gustaf Hällströmin katu 2
Meilahti Campus Library Terkko Health Hub
2nd floor, library desk
Viikki Campus Library
Viikinkaari 11 A
Info Centre Korona
Other ID Point service points
Hyytiälä Forestry Field Station
Kilpisjärvi Biological Station
Lammi Biological Station
16900 Lammi, Finland
Seinäjoki, Kampusranta 9
Tvärminne Zoological Station
J.A. Palménin tie 260
Värriö subarctic research station
Department ID Points
The points listed below are not in public use. The use of the points is often limited to the department staff. For more information, contact your department.
The instructions site of the University of Helsinki's IT Helpdesk helps you with IT-related issues related to your work. Let us know how we can improve our instructions. We greatly appreciate your feedback!How would you improve these instructions?